** UPDATE 12/08/2022: This information has now been updated. Please click here to view the latest/forthcoming meeting dates **
We're hosting a series of online meetings and workshops, giving our members and supporters a chance to chat with us and each other about their vestibular condition and how they manage it. The meetings will be hosted by the Ménière’s Society team and will be an informal discussion and an opportunity to ask questions*. From time to time, we’ll also have guest speakers discussing a variety of topics. There are sessions aimed specifically for members of the Meniere's Society and others for non-members. Meetings run at lunchtimes or evenings to try and give everyone a chance to attend.
Sessions for Members
- Friday 24 June** 13:00-13:45
- Monday 20 June** 19:00-19:45
- Thursday 11 August 13:00-13:45
Sessions for Non-Members (An Introduction to the Meniere's Society)
- Wednesday 29 June** 19:00-19:45
- Friday 12 August 13:00-13:45
All meetings will give attendees the opportunity to chat with the Meniere's Society team and other attendees.
** June 2022 meetings
Meetings taking place in June will also include a short introduction from Cochrane ENT, who are currently preparing a set of systematic reviews which consider treatments for balance disorders. These reviews are articles which aim to identify all of the relevant clinical trials in a particular area, to try and summarise the evidence for (or against) particular treatments. You can read more about the project here: https://ent.cochrane.org/balance-disorders-ent
As part of this process we are keen to find out about what sort of change in symptoms would be an important and meaningful difference for people with balance disorders. For example,
- if a treatment reduced the number of vertigo attacks by one attack per month, would that be worthwhile, or would that make little difference to your condition?
- What if it only reduced it by 1 attack every 2 months, or every 6 months – would it still be worth having this treatment?
- Does the type of treatment make a difference to this – for example, would your decision be different if the treatment on offer was a tablet, an injection or surgery?
We would be extremely grateful if you would be able to share some of your thoughts on this at the meeting, to help identify whether treatments have important benefits or not.
Register to attend a meeting
To register for any of these meetings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and your Ménière’s Society membership number (if applicable) and your preferred meeting day/time. Places are limited to give everyone a chance to chat and will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis. You will receive confirmation by email and a Zoom link for the meeting. We look forward to meeting you.
If you’re unable to join us on these dates, please don’t worry, we’ll be holding additional sessions on other dates and different times of day to give others a chance to attend. Further meeting dates will be published in due course.
We look forward to welcoming you to one of our meetings.
* Please note, questions should be of a general nature. We are unable to give medical advice or answer questions related specifically to your own medical condition.Back to top