- What is the relationship between the symptoms of dizziness and pain?
- Do you need vestibular rehabilitation?
- Additional information
What is the relationship between the symptoms of dizziness and pain?
Volunteers needed for a research study to explore relationships between the symptoms of dizziness and of pain. Although in clinical practice patients with dizziness who also have pain are encountered frequently, very little is known about the interaction between these two symptoms.
We are looking for adults aged over 18 who have persistent dizziness to respond to an anonymous online survey with questions about symptoms of dizziness and pain they might have. The survey takes less than 30 minutes to complete.
The survey is being jointly run by Kings College London and Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
Do you need vestibular rehabilitation?
Volunteers needed for a Research Study. We are investigating the feasibility and acceptability of providing an 8 week Holographic Balance Rehabilitation programme (HOLOBalance), compared to a commonly used balance rehabilitation programme (The Balance Retraining Programme).
Recruitment Poster Recruitment Poster (Plain Text)
You may be suitable if you:
- Are aged between 40 and 59
- Can walk 500 metres outside (with or without a stick)
- Have a clinically confirmed vestibular disorder
- Are able to attend rehab twice weekly for 8 weeks
- Are not currently participating in vestibular rehabilitation
- Do not have a neurological disorder (e.g. stroke)
- Do not have any acute medical issues that limit your ability to participate in an exercise programme
- Do not have low mood
- Do not have cognitive impairment
You will be required to undergo a brief screening session to confirm eligibility prior to enrolment.