New Social Media Feature ~ Topic Talk
Our successful Let’s Talk Friday discussions have now come to an end and will make way for our new social media feature; ‘Topic Talk’. Topic Talk will be a series of themed Facebook posts where we’ll cover various subjects designed to inform, interact and connect with our followers. Each Friday we’ll bring you a new post using one of the following hashtags: #DidYouKnow #HowTo #MeetTheExpert & #Discussion. As always, if there are any topics you’d like to see us post about, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The links to each of our Friday Topic Talk posts will be shared here, so if you’re not on Facebook, you can still read the posts linked below.
#DidYouKnow ~ from research updates to your rights at work, this hashtag will be used to share latest information with you.
- Friday 27th Janurary: #DidYouKnow ~ you can extend the life of zinc hearing aid batteries?
- Friday 17th Feburary: #DidYouKnow ~ Hearing aids can help with tinnitus as well as hearing loss?
- Friday 10th March: #DidYouKnow ~ there's an app for Meniere's?
#HowTo ~ here we’ll share information about ‘how to’ do various things, from informing the DVLA about your vertigo to making a PIP claim.
- Friday 20th Janurary: #HowTo ~ inform the DVLA about your vertigo symptoms
- Friday 3rd February: #HowTo ~ set up a local support group
- Friday 3rd March: #HowTo ~ cope with vertigo on special occasions
- Friday 17th March: #HowTo ~ become a member of the Meniere's Society
- Friday 31st March: #HowTo ~ find a Healthcare Professional who specialises in vestibular disorders
#MeetTheExpert ~ We’ll be inviting a selection of experts to talk about different topics. Hear from audiologists, ENT specialists, vestibular physios and hearing therapists who will provide an insight into their role and helpful tips.
- Friday 24th Feburary: #MeetTheExpert ~ An interview with Sue Salvage, Principal Hearing Therapist.
#Discussion ~ This will be similar to our previous feature; Let’s Talk Friday, whereby we’ll share a topic for our followers to discuss. If you have any discussion ideas which haven’t been covered already (see our past topics here), please let us know by email; email@example.com.
- Friday 13th January: #Discussion ~ Jobs
- Friday 10th Feburary: #Discussion ~ Tinnitus tones
- Friday 24th March: #Discussion ~ Body Temperature